Sunday, March 21, 2010

Becoming Collaborated

It seems we have taken a nice turn towards the future in education and business. We are finally understanding to use the computer and accept it as a tool for good instead of a tool for evil. In both articles "Students discovering online collaboration | - NJ.com" and "Collaborate Using Online Tools - PCWorld Business Center" we see a nice introduction of the use of blogs and other collaborative tools to be more in touch with the work they are doing and even more importantly, getting in touch with the outside world.
This is just wonderful in my opinion and I envy the kids the most and admire the business that use these tools to be more successful.  Man if i got to use the computer in the way that these kids do to prepare myself for now, I know I be better off. The only thing that bothered was the last comment in one of the readings that said the work on the computer is to be serious. Yes I get its work, but the computer and the internet are their to explore and learn things and if you limit it even a little bit then you are suggesting that as whole the internet is wrong. Let kids explore let your employees have a little fun they might find something more interesting to aid them in their work and make it better.

2 comments:

  1. In "Students Discovering Online Collaboration" it's amazing to read about students using online collaboration technologies in the first grade. We didn't even have computers at my school until I was in the sixth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you read NJ.com. Thats one of my favorite websites! But I think its really cool how kids are being taught technology these days. I have a brother who is in 7th grade, and he knows how to work a computer better than I do. In school, instead of having pen-pals and working on handwriting, they practice typing speed and they have internet buddies with kids in China! Technology is so great!

    ReplyDelete